University Risk Management Committee
We seek to accomplish our strategic goals and objectives through collaboration with the University Risk Management Committee (Committee).
The Committee was established by the Senior Vice President for Business & Finance and CFO, and reports to the President’s Cabinet of The Ohio State University.
The Committee exists to oversee the university’s risk management. The Committee is responsible for reviewing, assessing and monitoring: (a) material risks or exposures associated with the conduct of the university’s business, (b) the internal risk management processes or systems implemented to identify, mitigate, monitor or otherwise manage such risks or exposures, and (c) the university’s policies and procedures for risk management and compliance.
The members of the Committee are vice presidents and faculty representatives and are appointed by the President’s Cabinet:
- Vice Provost Academic Affairs
- Vice President, Operations – Business/Finance
- Academic Appointment (Faculty)
- Vice President Talent, Culture and Human Resources
- Vice President, University Affairs
- Vice President, Strategic Enrollment Planning
- Chief Operating Officer, Wexner Medical Center
- Academic Appointment (University Senate)
- Director, Risk Management and Insurance
- Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer
- Vice President, Student Life
- Vice President and Associate General Counsel
- Counselor to the President, Sr. Vice President, Government Affairs
- Vice President, Financial Services and Treasurer
- Associate Vice President, FOD
- Athletics Director
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice President, Research
- Director, Internal Audit
The Vice President of Financial Services and Treasurer shall act as chairperson of the Committee and is responsible for scheduling and presiding over meetings.